This mild-spicy vegetable pot combines many valuable nutrients and delicious flavors. The various vegetables get in their combination by the use of lemongrass, soy sauce and coconut milk a slightly exotic note. Therefore, you can complete this vegetable dish very well with a fine wholegrain Basmati rice. Incidentally, this dish is easy to prepare, so even cook-starters can enjoy it.
Ingredients for 4 servings
For the potpourri
- 300 g pumpkin pulp (for example butternut) – diced
- 200 g runner beans – cut into oblique pieces
- 200 g Chinese cabbage – cut into thin strips
- 2 small eggplants – diced
- 1 large onion – finely chopped
- 2 small red chili peppers (pepperoncini) – finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – pressed
- 1-2 stems Lemongrass – (only the inner part) – finely chopped
Liquid ingredients and spices:
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp tepari (soy sauce )
- crystal salt
Preparation time approx. 45 minutes
Salt the eggplants, add weight and leave for juice. Then pat dry.
Heat the oil in a wide saucepan and fry the onions in a glassy sauce. Then stir chili and garlic in lemongrass, and sauté. Add beans and eggplant, sweat shortly, deglaze with vegetable stock and simmer gently for 10 minutes without lid.
Then add the pumpkin to the vegetables, sweat briefly and fill with coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat a little and cook the vegetables about 10 minutes in it. Finally, add the Chinese cabbage and simmer for about 3 minutes. Season with Tamari, salt and pepper and serve.